This Alpha Test Agreement (“Agreement”) governs the disclosure of information by Kitestrings LLC, creator of CharityLiveStream.com (“CLS”) and you (“Alpha User”) and Alpha User’s use of CLS’s Alpha service offering.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, CLS grants the Alpha User a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the CLS service (“Service”) for a period designated by the CLS for the purpose of testing and evaluating the Service.
2. You understand that a key objective for the Alpha Test is for CLS to learn about the performance of the Services. You understand and agree that CLS must collect and process certain data in order to satisfy this main objective. You agree to provide to CLS reasonable feedback regarding the performance, features, or other aspects of the Services. All feedback provided by you will be considered CLS intellectual property and owned by CLS. You also agree to provide CLS with documentation and assistance as may reasonably be required by CLS to perform the Alpha Test, and you agree to install all fixes, releases, and updates to the Services delivered to you.
3. The Alpha User agrees that it will at all times will hold in strict confidence and not disclose Confidential Information (as defined below) to any third party except as approved in writing by CLS and will use the Confidential Information for no purpose other than evaluating the Service. The Alpha User shall only permit access to Confidential Information to those of its employees having a need to know and who have signed confidentiality agreements or are otherwise bound by confidentiality obligations at least as restrictive as those contained herein. “Confidential Information” means all non-public materials and information provided or made available by CLS to you the Alpha User, including products and services, information regarding technology, know-how, processes, software programs, research, development, financial information and information the CLS provides regarding third parties.
4. The Alpha User’s obligations under this Agreement with respect to any portion of the Confidential Information shall terminate when the Alpha User can document that: (a) it was in the public domain at the time it was communicated to the Recipient; (b) it entered the public domain subsequent to the time it was communicated to the Alpha User through no fault of the Alpha User; (c) it was in the Alpha Users’s possession free of any obligation of confidence at the time it was communicated to the Alpha User; (d) it was rightfully communicated to the Alpha User free of any obligation of confidence subsequent to the time it was communicated to the Alpha User; or (e) it was developed by employees or agents of the Alpha User who had no access to any information communicated to the Alpha User. After Alpha User’s evaluation of the Service is complete, or upon request of the CLS, the Alpha User shall promptly return to the CLS all documents, notes and other tangible materials and return or certify the destruction of all electronic documents, notes, software, data, and other materials in electronic form representing the Confidential Information and all copies thereof.
5. The Alpha User agrees that nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as granting any ownership rights to any Confidential Information disclosed pursuant to this Agreement, or to any invention or any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right. The Alpha User shall not make, have made, use or sell for any purpose any product or other item using, incorporating or derived from any Confidential Information or the Service. The Alpha User will not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, create other works from, or disassemble any software programs contained in the Confidential Information or the Service.
6. This Service is a Pre-Alpha release offering and is not at the level of performance of a commercially available product offering. The Service may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial release, or at CLS’s option may not be released commercially in the future. THE SERVICE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND CLS AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE OR CONSULTATION GIVEN BY CLS, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES WILL IN ANY WAY GIVE RISE TO A WARRANTY. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE REMAINS WITH RECIPIENT.
7. CLS AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE, LOST PROFIT, COST OF COVER, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL CLS’S AGGREGATE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED AMOUNT RECIPIENT ACTUALLY PAID CLS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (IF ANY).
8. The Alpha User’s obligations under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Arizona. The Recipient hereby agrees that breach of this Agreement will cause CLS irreparable damage for which recovery of damages would be inadequate, and that the CLS shall therefore be entitled to obtain timely injunctive relief under this Agreement, as well as such further relief as may be granted by a court of competent jurisdiction. The Alpha User will not assign or transfer any rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the CLS.